Review-Death Of The Body by Rick Chiantaretto

Death of the Body (Crossing Death #1) Book Title – Death of The Body
Author – Rick Chiantaretto
Publisher – Orenda Press
ISBN/ASIN - 9781940748009
Genre –Fantasy > Paranormal

 

I grew up in a world of magic. By the time I was ten I understood nature, talked to the trees, and listened to the wind. When the kingdom of men conquered my town, I was murdered by one of my own—the betrayer of my kind. But I didn't stay dead.
I woke to find myself in a strange new world called Los Angeles. The only keys to the life I remembered were my father’s ring, my unique abilities, and the onslaught of demons that seemed hell-bent on finding me. Now I must find out who I really am, protect my friends, and get back to my beloved hometown of Orenda


Author Bio Divider

Rick Chiantaretto

 

I've often been accused of having done more in my life than the average person my age, but if I were completely honest I'd have to tell you my secret: I'm really 392.
So after all this time, I'm a pretty crappy writer.
I have two books published and a bunch half written (when you have eternity, where's the reason to rush?). I've been favorably reviewed by horror greats like Nancy Kilpatrick, and my how-to-write-horror articles have been quoted in scholarly (aka community college freshmen's) papers.
I enjoy the occasional Bloody Mary, although a Bloody Kathy or Susan will suffice.
Mostly, I just try to keep a low profile so people don't figure out who I REALLY am.

 


Review Divider

I will admit in the beginning of this book I was a little unsure. I had heard nothing but good thoughts and read very positive reviews, so I trudged on dutifully knowing not all can be revealed in the first chapter. But, as I got about 8 pages in I was grasped by the story and it's characters. 

I felt myself being thrust through every twist and turn and, as though I was watching an action packed thriller on screen. The world of magic and elementals is explained in an all new light giving the reader great perspective as no other author has ever managed to do in my opinion. 

The religious undertones that arise throughout the book would usually turn me off, forcing me to accuse the author of pretentious misguided views put forth by yet another person that has not properly done their research. (Yes I have read quite a few books like this and, I am very well educated in theology and polytheistic religions.) But, to my utter surprise, Rick Chiantaretto has made it not only work within the parameters of his book but, also has done his research. (If I'm honest I was crushing on the authors knowledge just a little bit.)

I give this book a definite 5 ***** stars and will leave my fingers crossed for it to turn into a series. Perhaps book two will have a bit more about the secondary characters to fulfill my extreme curiosities.

 

Nichole Reviewed

5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment