REVIEW – The Innocent Liar by Elizabeth Finn

Book Title - The Innocent Liar
Author -
Elizabeth Finn                                                   
Stars - 4
Buy Link – AMAZON
A woman hiding from her past, a man lost in his own…
Fiona was desperate to find a life in Jackson, Wyoming, but when a job interview that was supposed to be a sure thing turns ugly, she doubts there’s much hope of it. Eli sees through her lies, and regardless of the favor his father has asked of him, he’s just too stubborn to hire a woman who refuses to even give him her real name.
But there is a reason for everything, and he finds out soon enough her deceptions have a purpose too.
Secrets and lies are nothing to build a relationship on, but their attraction to one another is too intense to ignore. They’re simply magnets pulled together in a situation that should be driving them apart, but Eli has his own ghosts to contend with, and his past leaves him incapable of trusting a woman he can never fully know.
How can they move beyond her lies when the truth is what Eli really needs, and when her past threatens to destroy her, can he rise above his own needs to protect her — his innocent liar?

I was not sure how I felt about The Innocent Liar by Elizabeth Finn. It was a great story line and I fell in love with the characters. I just felt like there could have been a little more to Fiona. I can understand that she was under a lot of pressure, and that she needed to keep her identity a secret. I just had a hard time believing that you could fall that hard in love with so many secrets between two people. I guess that is where “Love is blind” or “The heart wants what the heart wants” comes into play.
So I know what you are going to ask now. My answer is “Yes, I will be more than willing to read more work from this author.” My personal hang-ups have nothing to do with this story. It was great.
I give this book 4 stars. I read it in one sitting and will more than likely read it again.


Deborah gives The Innocent Liar

No comments:

Post a Comment