REVIEW – I’m Not Talking About You, Of Course by Barbara Venkataraman

Book Title - I'm Not Talking About You, Of Course

Author - Barbara Venkataraman

Stars - 5

Buy Link – AMAZON


At 7,600 words, this work is a collection of humorous insights into important topics ranging from annoying pet people (“I’m Not Talking About You, Of Course”), to analyzing your inner child (“Irrational Fears”), to living like the Amish in the aftermath of a hurricane (“A Jolt of Electricity”). Other essays examine just how much damage can be caused by a sneeze (“It All Started with a Loud Sneeze”), why it is so complicated to buy a tube of toothpaste (“Ask Me No Questions”), how not to prepare dinner ("Martha, I Let You Down"), making new friends ("Friends in Low Places"), how a parent’s obsessive hobbies can become an inescapable vortex (“Crazy Hobbies”), and why spending the night in a sleep clinic is like being abducted by probing aliens (“Nightmare at the Sleep Clinic”).
If you don’t see yourself in each of these entertaining essays, then I’m not talking about you, of course.


 

 



The author takes life's moments and uses them in a way that makes you look at them so differently. It has a lot of funny stories and the descriptions make me feel like I was right there.


Some of these made me laugh pretty hard and some made me smile. But even though you won't find any answers on how to cure the common cold, you will learn to look at life with more laughter and don't always take things so seriously.


You want to laugh? Want to learn how to take things not so seriously, then read this book and enjoy because you will have a smile on your face when you are done.


Barb gives I'm Not Talking About You, Of Course


No comments:

Post a Comment