REVIEW - The Billionaire Biker by Jackie Ashenden






The Billionaire’s Club: a fabulously sexy contemporary series about some of the world’s wealthiest, most powerful men and the women they claim…and keep.
Wild and reckless, and more at ease with his biker gang than his business partners, Sean Morrow has always longed for Abigail Prescott, whose life he ruined when an innocent friendship turned into a night of red-hot passion back when they were in high school. Now that his brother, Jax, has decided to hire Abby to work for the Morrows, Sean can no longer ignore his old demons—or his desire.
It took Abby time to get over Sean Morrow…and then he walked back into her life. And even though she can’t forget the pain, she can’t stop fantasizing about their one erotic encounter…and she still craves his touch. What she feels for Sean is deeper than need. It’s pure, blind lust—and the feeling is mutual…

Well I did it again, somehow through everything I had skimmed over about this book, including adding it to my goodreads shelf, I totally missed that it was book 3 in a series and I HATE not starting a series at the beginning.  However, I was almost done with this book before I made that realization so it in no way really affected my view of the book, I didn't find myself lost, or feel like I was missing information so with that I will say that the book can be read as a standalone.
Oh wow, Sean Morrow, retired enforcer for a biker gang, nomad, is running, running from his past, a past that has just walked through the door of the family business run by his step brothers.  Abby, and she's no 18 year old girl anymore.  Five years, its been five years since he left and never looked back and a lot has happened.  But will Sean be able to catch up and make up for his past transgressions?  Better question, does he even want to try.
Abby's heart is in her throat, he's back, at least for the moment, and she has agreed to this one last project for his brother, the man who has helped her and been by her side since that dreadful night Sean took off.  But can she do it, can she handle being around him again?  Better question, does she even want to?
Now ladies and gents, I'm off to stick my nose into the first two Billionaire's Club books. :-)
Jackie Ashenden lives in Auckland, New Zealand with her husband, the inimitable Dr Jax, two kids and two cats. When she's not torturing alpha males and their stroppy heroines, she can be found drinking chocolate martinis, reading anything she can lay her hands on, posting random crap on her blog, or being forced to go mountain biking with her husband.
Jackie writes dark, sexy contemporary romance for St Martin's Press, including the New York Billionaires Club series of novellas.


No comments:

Post a Comment