Review-Without A Net by Jill Blake

 Eva has always played it safe…and where has it gotten her? Betrayed by her husband, single mom to her young son, and fighting to hang on to what’s left. The last thing she needs is another philandering male.


Max has always pursued adventure…until he gets sidelined by an accident. While recovering from his injuries, he discovers that the biggest adventure of his life may be closer than he ever imagined—in the form of Eva, his baby sister’s best friend.
The problem? Convincing Eva to risk it all…without a net. 



 When I was kid, my mom would take us walking in the park. Whenever someone would stop to coo over my baby sister and ask how old we were, Mom inevitably answered: "The doctor is 7, and the lawyer is 1."

Fast-forward a few decades, and what do you know? Doctor and lawyer, bingo!
I love practicing medicine. I especially enjoy the rewards of taking care of entire families over long periods of time.

But secretly, I always dreamed about writing. Over the years, I dabbled as time permitted: freelancing for various local newspapers, doing a summer stint as a teaching assistant at a creative writing program, penning a few manuscripts that promptly got relegated to the bottom of some desk drawer.

Thanks to my wonderful husband, who encouraged me to blow the dust off one of those manuscripts, I'm finally pursuing my dream! Not full-time, to be sure. I'm still a physician with a busy practice, and a mom with three kids. But after the charts are done and the kids are asleep, it's just me and my laptop---and, boy, am I having fun!

Why romance, you ask? Because I love a guaranteed happy ending. I hope you do, too!
My contemporary romance trilogy, Doctors of Rittenhouse Square, is now available on Amazon Kindle as a boxed set. The books can also be purchased individually, and read as stand-alones, though it's always fun to see characters you've read about being reintroduced as bit players in someone else's story:

*Pursued by the Playboy ~ Kate and Marc
*Taking a Chance ~ Samantha and Alex
*This Time for Keeps ~ Isabelle and Luca
Viva la Romance!





 Without A Net swept in from the first few pages. Between Eva's grief and Max's internal struggle, it provides a strong story. Eva has lost her husband and in his final moments he reveals hidden secrets that the family wasn't aware of. Left with his pile of bills and a child she struggles to find normalcy in the midst of chaos.
Max has always been an adventure seeker but when a skiing accident puts him out of work, he struggles to find into the normal. Eva has always caught his attention and now that her husband has passed he sees his opportunity.
I was very impressed with Jill Blake, the characters felt real and Eva's struggle to maintain her lifestyle is put into a realistic light. I will gladly read more from Blake and I look forward to hearing more about these characters in the future.



No comments:

Post a Comment