REVIEW - The Red Zone by Sandrine Gasq-Dion

 

Book Title - The Red Zone
Author - Sandrine Gasq-Dion
Publisher - Skull Blaster Publishing LLC
ISBN/ASIN - B009U4MSPM

Nicholas Stevens is beginning to think he'll never find the man he’s meant to spend his life with. When a college football team’s bus flips on the interstate and it’s no accident, Detective Stevens is put on the case to find out who is threatening gay football players. A routine interview with the gay quarterback yields one major lead: Sebastian Price is his mate.

After years of watching a childhood friend harassed by the police, Sebastian Price hates cops with a passion. But there’s something about Detective Nicholas Stevens that piques his interest – and it isn’t just the man’s stunning good looks. When Sebastian's life is threatened, can he trust the one man who swears he’ll protect him?

Surprises await both men as Sebastian holds a secret even he didn't know he was keeping.

WARNING: This book contains material that maybe offensive to some: Violence, graphic language, homosexual relations, adult situations.

 

 

I have been blessed in this life to not only have parents that support me, but kids that do as well. I grew up in a loving but "Old School" French household. My parents worked for the airlines (TWA) so I was able to see a lot of Europe as a kid. I moved to Seattle Washington at the age of 22 and stayed there for twelve years before moving to Alaska for a little over two. Fairbanks, AK was one hell of an experience and I wouldn't hesitate to go back! I spent a little over a year in South Carolina before moving back to Arizona. I then left for Kansas for five years and now reside in the South for another two years. I've been married to the military in one way or another for over half my life and wouldn't change a thing about it. Writing has become my fulltime job and I've never been so happy doing a job I love and being able to do it in my jammies. I plan on writing until I dry up and die. Hopefully, that won't happen soon!

 

 

I have loved this series since page one of A Marked Man. Sandrine has such a great imagination, and her characters are so compelling. This book lives up to the series in every way. I love that we get to know more and more about the characters we love with each new book.

Sebastian is a foot ball player at the university, and he is best friends with Nikolai Markov. We got to know him in Wyatt and Preston's book, but he has changed a lot. He is not trusting of the police because of Nik. Now he is being harassed by an unknown person because he is gay. He is not alone in this, but he is getting it the most.

Nicholas is a werewolf, and also a cop. He is becoming disheartened because he is over 30 and hasn't found his mate yet. His friends are all becoming mated, and they are younger than he is. He has moved to Seattle in hopes that maybe that would help. It hadn't so far.

While investigating an apparent attempt on the football team, he goes to interview Sebastian. He is blown away to realize that Sebastian is his mate. The bond is strong, but Nick does not have it easy. Sebastian doesn't take the threat seriously enough and fights Nick at every turn. Plus, whenever Bastian is near Nick, he gets feverish and sick. No one seems to know what's going on, because Sebastian is human, isn't he?

Nick is afraid of what Wyatt will think since he used to date Sebastian and it went horribly wrong. Now that Sebastian is in trouble, lots of problems start happening and no one is immune to getting hurt. Sebastians dad seems to be one of the biggest problems.

What is happening to Sebastian, and who wants to hurt him? Can Nick protect him and save his mate? There are tons of surprises in this book, some you will never see coming! This is an amazing read, and if you have gotten this far, just buy all the books that are out for this series. You will be glad you did! This is one of my most favorite series' and I am in it for the long haul. Long live the werewolves!

 

Heidi Ryan gives The Red Zone

 

No comments:

Post a Comment