Review-The Coolest Way to Kill Yourself

The Coolest Way to Kill Yourself Book Title – The Coolest Way to Kill Yourself
Author –Nicholas Tanek
Publisher –Outskirts Press
ISBN/ASIN –9781478701873
Genre –Romance

Okay. So no one actually kills themselves in this book.
The Coolest Way to Kill Yourself pulls you into the early 90's New York City rave scene, in all its chaotic, psychedelic glory. The narrator grabs you by your wrist and drags you behind two teenage lovers from New Jersey as they tumble through a whirlwind of reckless hedonism that eventually spirals into a dark, devastating world of drug addiction and heartbreak.
As a teenager, Lynn cried, "No one is ever going to write something for me." Nearly two decades later, in the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy, Nicholas did just that. The gesture came too late for our unlikely heroine, but his heart was in the right place. A broken heart... but a true love. Reunited after years apart, Lynn and Nicholas embraced their love and sexuality, and embraced each other, despite troubled pasts, despite illness, despite all of their imperfections and mistakes. They shared the kind of honest and shameless connection that few have had the honor of knowing, and most would never understand.
"We're not hurting anyone. We're just living life without caring what anyone thinks about us."
"It's the coolest way to kill ourselves," Lynn said.
So turn the page, and pull the trigger.



Author Bio Divider

 

 

 

Nicholas Tanek is an American ghostwriter from New Brunswick, New Jersey. He graduated from Rutgers University with a Bachelors in English. He has been a ghostwriter for over 15 years. 




Review Divider

From the very first sentence of this book I knew. I knew this would be different from anything I had read before and, I also knew this book would change the way I look at the events in my life.

This book pulls you in in such a way that you are turning page after page, unaware of the passage of time, unaware of the events happening around you, just completely oblivious to anything but the world you're now walking in.
Nicholas Tanek has found a way to make you feel exactly what each person in the novel feels. I can't even say character as I felt as though they were all my friends, that I was running in their circles, feeling their anguish and triumphs. It all felt real to life for me in some existentially perfect way. It was as though I was having an out of body experience as I felt connected to each individual.

In this book, you follow the life of a man named Nicholas as he experiences drugs, alcohol, infatuation, obsession and, even love. As he learns the differences between raves and parties. And, as the music that he listens to seems to speak directly to him, giving a soundtrack to his life. You grow to admire his artistic individualism and love him despite his flaws and overtly nymphomaniac mentality.

Each word pulled me in, dragged me along and made me truly feel (extreme emphasis put upon that word) the emotion that was put behind them. It felt as though I were reading an "ode to" or poignant poetry, with the way the narrator spoke.
I can not wait to read more from this author as I am sure the career ahead of this book can only grow to be brighter than the light that shines off every page of, The Coolest Way To Kill Yourself.

 

 

 

 

Nichole Reviewed


 

5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment