Review-Catching Kate by D. Kelly

Title: Catching Kate (Acceptance, #1.5)
Author: D. Kelly
Genre: Contemporary Romance

CKFRONT

 


After almost four years, Michael Matthews has come face to face with the love of his life. To say it didn’t go quite as he envisioned is an understatement. Never in a million years would he have imagined that his best friend, Daniel, is the new man in Kate’s life.
Once their explosive evening concludes and everyone goes their separate ways, Mike takes the time to calm down and plan his next move. If there’s one thing that calms him it’s Kate, even if it’s just memories of her. Mike has four hours before he sees her again and gets to plead his case. Instead of sleeping, he spends his evening remembering every detail of their relationship from the beginning.

Experience Mike and Kate’s love story from the start, all from Mike’s point of view. Find out why he left Kate in pieces and learn just how far he’ll go to make her fall in love with him all over again.    

Excerpt
She snickers at me, “You’ve always been a domineering prick, haven’t you? I used to think you were protecting Katie Grace, helping her cope and deal. You unilaterally brought her back from Lila’s death and she’s been under your thumb ever since. She’s right where you wanted her, right where you like her, enraptured by you and your love. But now that the tables are turned, she’s not allowed to fix you, to help you heal. Maybe you’re right, Michael, maybe we’ll both be better off without you. Just mark my words, I’m going to make it my mission to find her a man that will treat her as an equal and not make decisions for her. Who knows? Maybe it just might even be Marc.” She looks at me smugly, knowing that he’s my weakness, but I won’t let her know she got to me. She has to believe this is the end. If she believes it, she can convince Katherine of it, too. I nod my head at her, getting ready to lie to her for the very first time in my life. “You’re right, Jessica, I’m a domineering prick. Just ask Riley, she’s all too used to my domineering ways. I had to have someone to fuck on the side who could take it rough. Katie Grace needed to be made love to gently, slowly, and passionately, but Riley let me fuck her like a real man. Now I don’t have to juggle them and the relief from that is liberating. If Marc wants her, he can have her, but from what I’ve heard about him, she’s a little too timid for his tastes. You never know, though, maybe he’ll change for her or figure out how to bring out her inner freak, God knows I never could…” Before I finish my sentence, she slaps me across the face. I absolutely deserve it, but the look on her face says it all—I have effectively closed the door with her. “You bastard!”  



I loved Breaking Kate, and this book is a great addition to that story. This author is really great at showing how all of the puzzle pieces work together. In this novella, we get to see how Mike fared through his separation from Kate. In the first book, we only get a glimpse of Mike, but in this one, we get to hear how they ended up with the same friends and why Mike did not come back sooner. I will probably always be a team Daniel fan, but I understand why there are team Mike supporters. This additional book brings a whole new level of depth to Breaking Kate. I cannot wait to see what happens next, but this is a great book to help through the wait. This book takes you through to where Breaking Kate ended. This is quickly becoming one of my favorite series. If you haven't read Breaking Kate, grab both books and strap in for the ride!



 
Breaking Kate (Acceptance, #1)
19198761
   

971424_175398059334519_2088494398_n
I'm a wife, a mom and a dog lover. I'm also a taxi, problem fixer, extreme multi-tasker and my kids’ biggest fan in anything that they do. I love to write, so when my career suddenly derailed I turned back to my love of writing. I married my high school sweetheart... how cool is that? Margaritas and sarcasm make me happy. Chocolate makes that happiness grow exponentially. People who make me laugh are my favorite kind of people. I believe Karma is a bitch who slaps back hard and that mean people suck. I'm California born and raised, I love the beach but hate the sand. The Acceptance Series is my first series of books with more to come soon.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment