REVIEW - Pleading the Fifth (Assassin/ Shifter #13) by Sandrine Gasq-Dion


Book Title - Pleading the Fifth (Assassin/ Shifter #13)
Author - Sandrine Gasq-Dion
Publisher - Skull Blaster Publishing LLC
ISBN/ASIN - B009U4VBCI

A simple trip to the airport brings Scott Delange just about everything except the passenger he was planning to pick up. Texting back and forth with a raunchy, unknown man leads to a case of mistaken identity and one hell of a huge surprise.
Who knew a trip to Seattle would land Tristan Miles in the arms of his mate? Certainly not Tristan, who stopped looking for love a long time ago. When he meets Scott Delange, Tristan realizes the man is his. For life.
There’s just one little issue. The two men can’t stand each other. Tristan is used to being the alpha male and that’s bad news when his mate is wired the same way. Clawing and fighting to be top wolf causes more friction between the two men who sure do kiss a lot for people who can’t stand each other.
Can Tristan back down? Can Scott? Are both men guilty of too much pride? Maybe both should plead the Fifth.
WARNING: This book contains material that maybe offensive to some: Violence, graphic language, homosexual relations, adult situations.


I have been blessed in this life to not only have parents that support me, but kids that do as well. I grew up in a loving but "Old School" French household. My parents worked for the airlines (TWA) so I was able to see a lot of Europe as a kid. I moved to Seattle Washington at the age of 22 and stayed there for twelve years before moving to Alaska for a little over two. Fairbanks, AK was one hell of an experience and I wouldn't hesitate to go back! I spent a little over a year in South Carolina before moving back to Arizona. I then left for Kansas for five years and now reside in the South for another two years. I've been married to the military in one way or another for over half my life and wouldn't change a thing about it. Writing has become my fulltime job and I've never been so happy doing a job I love and being able to do it in my jammies. I plan on writing until I dry up and die. Hopefully, that won't happen soon!


I love all of Sandrine Gasq-Dion's stories. The assassin shifter series is as addictive as caffeine! In this book, we get to experience Scott and Tristan's mate bond. Being two alpha males, the sparks flying are not always good ones. Scott is so pissed at Tristan because he was supposed to pick him up at the airport and Tristan left early because he was tired of waiting for his late ride. Sebastian has the gift of sight having been born of a female warewolf who was turned by a created one. He knows how it will play out, but he cannot tell what he sees. The two alphas fight like crazy because neither wants to submit. When Scott is infected with rogue saliva and lies dying in the hospital, Tristan realizes how much he cares about Scott. Will Scott die from the fever? Or will love reign supreme? Can two alphas ever surrender to the mate bond? And what awesome songs will we hear in this book? If you are not addicted to this series by this point, you must be dead. The best part of these books is the way Sandrine shows that love in every form is truly beautiful, and the stigma of what a gay man is supposed to be like is completely wrong. I love that she shows us how we are all the same, wanting to be loved for who we are, regardless. I will one click anything this author publishes because she is the best story teller bar none!

Heidi Ryan gives Pleading the Fifth (Assassin/ Shifter #13)

No comments:

Post a Comment