REVIEW - Into The Blackness by Norma Jeanne Karlsson

 

Book Title - Into The Blackness
Author - Norma Jeanne Karlsson
Publisher - It's Publishing
ISBN/ASIN -
B00N6GVXAQ

Cease being everything you’re trained to be in order to find who you’re meant to be…with.

Nick Cooper is many things in life. He’s a vicious enforcer for a crime family. He’s a monster that tortures with a smirk tattooed on his lips. He’s an olive-skinned god, mysterious and captivating. He’s the best undercover field agent in the Domestic Crime Agency. He’s my partner for the next year. I have to play his wife which will test my abilities as an agent. Nick isn’t the type of man I’m used to dealing with. He’ll push me, tempt me, hurt me and eventually end up on the business end of a weapon I’m wielding. This mission will change everything I’ve ever known about people and myself. I can only hope I’ll survive it.

Katherine Russell is many things in life. She’s a chameleon, able to change and adapt to any situation. She’s lethal…as lethal as me. She’s a golden-haired ray of sunshine. She’s the best field agent the Domestic Crime Agency has ever had. She’s my partner for the next year. No, she’s my wife. There are worse things in life than sharing a fake marital bed with a gorgeous woman for a year. Trust me. Kat’s more than a beautiful woman though, and I have the feeling she’s going to challenge me, battle me, infuriate me and test all the walls I’ve spent a lifetime building around myself. Our mission is to find and eliminate a human trafficking kingpin. It’ll be child’s play compared to the journey my new partner is going to take me on. If I can manage to shed the monster of my past I’ll no longer be pulled into the blackness. I’ll be able to bask in the light that glows from every pore of Katherine Russell.

If only it were that simple.

 

 

Originally from Kansas City, Missouri, Norma Jeanne recently found herself relocating to the United Kingdom. Now living in Belfast, she took hold of the opportunity to kick the 9-5 job for a chance to become an author. The best part: working from her home office, she gets to spend more time with her cast of crazy characters (written and real).

In her free time Norma Jeanne is a voracious reader and consumes books as readily as meals. She is a people watcher by nature and uses her experiences in life, observed or otherwise, to build the worlds and characters that thrive in her books. A believer in the strength of the human spirit, Norma Jeanne writes the stories of people that persevere when all appears to be lost.

 

 

WOW! Into the Blackness by Norma Jeanne Karlsson was so not what I was expecting. To be able to get into these characters’ heads was an amazing experience. I have enjoyed this entire series and feel like they are family.

I liked the whole idea of bringing in two headstrong people and making them work as a team. Most of the time it wouldn’t work. There were times it seemed like it wasn’t going to work. However, somehow, it did and the outcome was to the benefit of many.

I could just imagine how hard of a time that this author had in bringing this story together in a way that kept the reader engaged and on the edge of their seat. This is one of my favorite series of this year and I have not stopped raving about it.

This book gets 5 stars and a big high five. I like a lot of authors, but this author has made her way onto my short list of authors that I love.

 

Deborah gives Into The Blackness

No comments:

Post a Comment