REVIEW – Wings of Fire by Richard C. White

Book Title - Wings of Fire

Author - Richard C. White

Stars - 3

Buy Link – AMAZON


Never trust a smiling wolf.

You'd think I'd learn after all this time.

Within the first twenty-four hours of pulling into the small village of Tanneytown, I'd already been hit on, arrested, framed for burglary, mugged, and dragooned into robbing an impenetrable manor house crawling with guards and who knows what else. All to acquire the statue of a golden bird that I'd never heard of before I came to this place. Oh, and did I mention that if I get more than a mile away from the poor schlub who's coming along with me, we'll both die?

And to top everything off, somehow I've managed to team up with a wolf on this mission. Not just any wolf. Oh no, my life can't be that easy. Somehow I've managed to team up with the world's most sarcastic talking wolf. Yeah, I know there's not a lot of competition for that title, but believe me, he'd win in a landslide. To gain his aid, he wants me to do him a favor, but he won't say what it is ... yet.

 


The main character just couldn't catch a break. If he didn't have bad luck, he wouldn't have any luck at all and to top if all off the one wolf he gets teamed up with is very sarcastic. I personally liked the attitude of the wolf, probably because my attitude is alot like his.  But when the wolf wants a favor for his aide but won't tell what exactly the favor is, you begin to wonder what he is up too.

I liked the characters and how they interacted with each other but I just couldn't keep interested through out the whole the book. Some of the story seemed to drag on in my opinion but I had to finish it just to see what happened and I wanted to give the book a fair chance.

I will be reading another book from this author in the future. Just because this story wasn't my cup of tea, doesn't mean another one won't be. Everyone has different tastes and this one just wasn't mine this time.  Hopefully it will be yours. Your taste and my taste are probably different and that's why you need to read this book to make up your own mind. Every book has good points and bad points, it is up to the reader to give an author a chance and not just take someone elses word on a book.

 

Barb gives Wings of Fire


No comments:

Post a Comment